Mir Pace International

Empowering teens to change the lives of the poor and forgotten
through long-term global community building

Friday, April 19, 2013

Hola de Daisy, Isabel, Fiona, Kathryn, and Charlotte! We are leaving today in about in an hour and we all wish that we could stay longer. We´ve packed up our things, scrubbed our houses and much to the children´s chagrin said our goodbyes. It´s a beautiful day in the mountains, and Isabel is already crying because she doesn´t want to leave. (Just kidding, I hope). Last night we had a dance party with all the kids and some nice spanish music. It was the best send off anyone could have imagined. This trip has been such an awesome experience for all of us, and truly changed not only how we view the world but also how we live in it. As all of us are newbies, we are all so glad that we took the chance to travel to another culture and spend our April vacation in the service of others that really need our help. Though I can´t say I´ll miss freezing cold showers outside and the nightly spider raids before bed, I will miss the breakfast conversations of the heroic achievements (cockroach kills) and stories of Jill dancing in her sleep. I´m going to miss the friends I made here but I´ll always have the memories (and the thousands of pictures I took). Well, that´s all I have to say about that. See you on saturday!!!!! Love, Daisy, Isabel, Fiona, Kathryn and Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment